NAME : P.N. Bhandari
SERVICE : Indian Administrative Service
BATCH : 1965
ADDRESS : 307, Ganpati Plaza, M.I. Road, Jaipur
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
LEVEL IN SERVICE: Promoted in the scale of Chief Secretary in 1998 (Equivalent to the rank of Secretary to Govt. of India)
POSTS HELD :
ADDL. CHIEF SECRETARY / PRINCIPAL SECRETARY TO GOVERNMENT
- Revenue Department,
- Industries Department,
- Urban Development & LSG,
- Irrigation Department,
- Public Heath & Engg. Department
HEAD OF THE DEPTT.
- Chairman Raj. Electricity Board (RSEB)
- Commissioner, Jaipur Development Authority
- Commissioner, Commercial Taxes Department
- Chairman Civil Services Tribunal
- Commissioner, Excise Department
- Raj. Industrial & Infrastructure Dev Corp. (RIICO),
- Raj. Transmission Company (TRANSCO)
- Raj. State Mines & Minerals (RSMM),
- Raj. Tribal Development Corporation
Udaipur, Kota, Bharatpur, Sikar, Dungarpur
- Bank of Rajasthan
- BSES, Mumbai
- Yamuna Power (Reliance) Delhi
- Member, Public Expenditure Review Committee.headed by the Chief Secretary, Govt. of Rajasthan.
- Member, State Level Advisory Committee, Rajasthan Electricity Regulatory Commission.
- Member, State Innovation Council (2012)
POSITIONS HELD RELATING TO POWER SECTOR:
- Chairman, Northern Region Electricity Board (NREB) (Power Coordination Board consisting of the states of Punjab, Haryana, Rajasthan, Himachal Pradesh, Delhi etc.)
- Appointed by GOI as Member of the Experts Advisory Committee, Chaired by the Power Minister, GOI (1997).
- Appointed by GOI as Member of the Advisory Group of Eminent Persons, Chaired by the Power Minister, GOI for power sector reforms (2001).
- Member Standing Committee of Eminent Persons, Rural Electrification Corporation (GOI), (2004)
- Member Expert group to study impact of restructuring of Electricity Boards – Study sponsored by Ministry of Power, GOI (2006)
- Chairman, Expert Committee, appointed by Pollution Control Department, Rajasthan for giving environment clearance for Power Projects. (2006)
EXPERIENCE IN POWER SECTOR:
Appointed, three times Chairman of the Rajasthan State Electricity Board. Introduced several innovative reforms in the RSEB, long before it was unbundled. The World Bank has commended the remarkable improvement in the financial position of the RSEB, due to reforms particularly in the distribution sector during Shri Bhandari’s tenure.
BOOKS/PAPERS/ ARTICLES / SEMINARS:
- Received “Leading Energy Personality’ 2013 Award” from Council of Power Utilities. The award was handed over by Shri Kiran Kumar Reddy, Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh in a national level seminar at Hyderabad.
- Author of “Commitment and Creativity, Reminiscences of an IAS Officers” released by Justice G.S. Singhvi, Judge, Supreme Court
- Articles etc. have been frequently published in Power Line, a leading monthly magazine in Power Sector. Also in Indian Infrastructure and other daily newspapers.